Wednesday, July 6, 2011

round 5, board 2: Vela vs. Jauregui (1-0) The game

I said it would be an "epic" battle, and for me it was...
I had to fight for victory at all costs, and I did that from beginning to end. My friend and opponent, Juan Pablo Jauregui, also fought with teeth, fingernails and everything in between, after playing a couple of fast moves (12...c5? and 14...Nf6?) that both turned out to be mistakes that gave me all the winning chances, especially the last one...

After listening about the basement for sooooo long, I am very, very close to officially getting out of that place (with chances of coming back, of course!)

For now, i just want to enjoy the taste of Victory, since I really had to earn it in a very nice but difficult and unbalanced ending.

I have to keep fighting like this, playing solidly and without gross blunders, and I think I can take first place sooner than my adversaries thought possible...

Jose, it's your turn. I know you will be ready, so let's fight!

Meanwhile, here is what I consider my best game in this Match, so far...

2 comments:

Jose Ramirez said...

Paco congratulations for the good game you played! You deserved the point, very well played. So far that is the best game of you in the match, and maybe the best game in the entire Match-Tournament, we will see. Now I must to kill you this coming Monday to regain the leader, and I will do it!

Paco Vela. said...

Thank you Jose.
I will play to kill you too next Monday!!!
It's my turn to be the leader!!!
My turn!!